Late-November Newsletter and Updates from Da Capo Web Development
- Teachers, you can see which registration platform your local festival is using by going to the NYSSMA website (www.nyssma.org) and finding the ‘2020 NYSSMA® Festival Calendar’ link. This document is updated periodically and is also published in the School Music News.
- Festival Hosts, the time for NYSSMA Solo Festival Registration is quickly approaching. If you haven’t already done so, you may wish to start making your decisions regarding how you will be handling student registration and scheduling. If you’d like to use Da Capo Music Festivals, please register for a Festival Host account (reply to this email and ask for the Festival Host Access Code) and click ‘Add A Festival’. Detailed instructions can be downloaded once you log in to DaCapoMusicFestivals.com for the first time.
- New features for Festival Hosts are constantly being added to Da Capo Music Festivals. Over the past few weeks, the following features have been added:
- While modifying the schedule, you can view the individual student’s multiple audition schedule with one quick click.
- If you are hosting a midweek/satellite festival that does not include a ‘Saturday’, the times shown on the drag-and-drop graphical schedule no longer span the entire day.
- There is now a ‘scheduling suggestions’ page that makes suggestions for how to create an efficient schedule using this software. Work was done to facilitate the scheduling of Percussion students performing multiple auditions.
- The ability to create an estimate and view an invoice is now a built-in feature.
- Hosts now have the ability to modify breaks for any adjudication room if a situation arises and a change has to be made.
- Last month, Da Capo presented a workshop at the NYSCAME Suffolk/SCMEA/LISFA Symposium on Music Education at East Islip Middle School. I received great feedback from teachers, directors of music, and festival hosts about the ease of use of the program.
- A training session for Festival Hosts and their assistants has been scheduled for 4:00PM on Monday, December 9th at Bayport-Blue Point High School. Space is limited. Please RSVP by December 6th to Paul Weber at [email protected]bpschools.org. Further training via a webinar/screen share is available for Festival Hosts and their associates.
- Da Capo Web Development will be at the NYSSMA Winter Conference in Rochester demonstrating the NYSSMA Registration and Area All-State Nomination Software products.
- All are invited to the Showcase presentation at 7PM on Thursday, December 5th in the Convention Center Cascade DEF.
- Also, come visit us any time at Booth #53 on the vendor floor!
Access Codes for Da Capo Music Festival Registration:
*You are also welcome to test-drive the system with Demo Data.
Email Patrick for more information.
Da Capo Web Development is a Proud Institutional Member of NYSSMA and Commercial Member of SCMEA, supporting Music Education Throughout New York State and Suffolk County.